17 Jan Delray Beach Off Court Entertainment
Beginning February 14, the 10-Day Delray Beach Open by VITACOST.com Promises to be #1 in Your Heart with World-Class Excitement On-and-Off the Court
Tournament’s 28th Year Introducing More Top-shelf Dining & Drinking Options and On-site Entertainment Than Ever
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. – January xx, 2020 – The eagerly anticipated 2020 Delray Beach Open by VITACOST.com will take place February 14-23, at the Delray Beach Stadium & Tennis Center. The 10-Day event features the best and brightest stars in tennis competing in a combined ATP 250 and ATP Champions Tour tournament. With expansive new options for eating, drinking and entertainment on-site at the downtown stadium on Delray Beach’s popular Atlantic Avenue, the annual event is expected to attract the biggest audience in the tournament’s 28-year history.
The Delray Beach stop on the global ATP Tour is a favorite “socially-sporting” experience for locals and tourists alike. It is world renowned as the place to be for lots of on and off-court action. Of sentimental significance this year, the tournament is one of the first stops on the Bryan Brothers “farewell tour,” as they recently announced their retirement. The 5-time Delray Beach champs play their 1st round match Wednesday night, February 19, and fans are encouraged to come out in force, be spirited and supportive and enjoy the post-match celebration of the twins’ history in Delray Beach. And special to 2020 – tennis sensation Coco Gauff will play an exhibition Saturday night, February 15, marking the first time a women’s match will be played in the tournament’s history. The Delray Beach-raised local has become the talk of tennis and the sporting world since the 15-year old’s breakthrough at Wimbledon and the US Open this past Summer and she’s sure to be fired up having her first chance to fill a stadium with friends and family and hometown fans.
“The tournament not only brings the world’s best tennis athletes to Delray Beach, it also presents an extension of Delray’s incredible dining and drinking scene, right here at the stadium,” said John Butler, the tournament’s executive director. “We’re also proud to help put a spotlight on area artists, start-ups and creative thinkers who make the city such a vibrant hub of activity in South Florida.”
The Delray Beach Open by VITACOST.com is a veritable smorgasbord of food, wine, cocktails, beer and all things gastro geared. This year, there’s something to satisfy any craving and quench every thirst (all alcoholic beverages served to adults 21 and over only, with proof), featuring new offerings, including (click for full details):
- Sipsmith London Dry Gin “Official Drink” and English Garden: Tennis isn’t all that is being served up. The official drink of the event, the “DBO Smash,” featuring our sponsor, Sipsmith Gin, will be offered on site all week long. Make sure to stop by their English Garden during Championship weekend to “Smith Your Serve”!
- Raeburn Winery and Champagne Lounge, featuring Raeburn Winery’s top-pick wines, including the official wine of the Delray Beach Open. The Raeburn wine will also be served at all on-site Delray Beach Open parties, including the VIP Sponsor Reception, he Ladies Day Luncheons, and the special Galentine’s Party on Thursday, February 13.
- Shipyard Beer Garden will be on-site throughout the tournament and feature Shipyard Brewing Co, Sea Dog Brewing Co., South Beach Brewing Co., Islamorada Beer Company, Peak Organic Brewing, Co., and Highball Cider Cocktails. The space will be ideal for those casual attendees looking to lounge, play Jenga and corn hole with friends and drink beers.
- Hungbloodies Craft Bloody Mary Bar, serving craft beers and the Official Bloody Mary of the DBO featuring Ice Pik Vodka, will be available at all bars at the tournament.
On the Delray Beach Open by VITACOST.com menu this year will be diversified tastes for every palate, including: Mark’s Bistro: Deli dining with a flair; That’s Amore Pizzeria Brick oven pizza by the slice or made to order, plus their house-favorite cup of meatballs; Bit-o-Gelato gelato stand: Flavors include Lemon Dropshot made with Limoncello, Thai Breaker Thai tea gelato and Nuts 4 Coco made with vegan vanilla coconut milk; Guaca Go: Create your own guacamole bowl to go, including tortilla chips; and Subculture coffee: The always fav for hot and cold coffees, acai bowls, dessert and snack items and get-ya-going kinda grub n’ drinks. And if you are looking for something simple, don’t forget the guilty pleasures always available from the food court, including Italian Sausage, Gyros, and delicious burgers.
Other VIP fêtes and exclusive tennis offerings for the weekend include:
- Ladies Day Luncheons hosted by Lilly Pulitzer, where guests will be treated to a delectable lunch, a fashion show my Lilly Pulitzer, raffle prizes, a gift bag, wine and Bloody Mary’s as well;
- USTA Kidz & Family Day activities on Sunday of Presidents’ Day weekend;
- Fans will also enjoy once-in-a-lifetime tennis playing opportunities such as the Bryan Brothers Clinic and the Legends Clinics featuring all of the ATP Champions Tour Players.
- Attendees will also enjoy a new big video wall in the Palm Court showing coverage of the matches and other tournament-related programming and get an up-close view of the vibrant Delray Beach art scene as area artists perform live during the 10 days.
Guests at the Delray Beach Open by VITACOST.com will also have the opportunity to enjoy the VIP Lounge & Game Room hosted by Clive Daniel & Boynton Billiards. Literally the lap of luxury and gaming, the space offers a birds-eye view of the see-and-be-seen crowd from the second floor of the clubhouse. It’s the top spot to relax in luxurious furnishings, savor the exclusive food and beverage offerings, watch the matches on the closed-circuit TV system and challenge your friends to a game of ping pong, billiards, or foosball.
Returning to the Delray Beach Tennis Stadium is the second annual Game Set Pour, an exclusive event limited to 400 guests. The ultimate pairing event takes place Friday, Feb 21 from 6:15 to 8:15pm in the tournament’s on-site Hospitality Pavilion. A portion of the proceeds will go to Love Serving Autism, a local nonprofit organization with the mission to expand life skills, especially communication, through specialized therapeutic tennis instruction in order to increase community inclusion and independence of individuals with autism. General Admission for the Game Set Pour event is $60 per ticket ($70 at the door).
- The line-up of breweries, and restaurants at Game Set Pour features the best of Delray Beach and South Florida. Raeburn Winery is the official winery partner and brewery partners for the event include: Barrel of Monks Brewing, Cigar City Brewing, Crazy Uncle Mike’s, Devour Brewing Co, Funky Buddha Brewery, Islamorada Beer Company, Boca Raton Prosperity Brewers, Saltwater Brewery, and South Beach Brewing Company.
- Restaurant Partners for the event feature: Brule Bistro, Burt and Max’s, Dada, Deck 84, Dubliner, Funky Buddha Brewery, Kapow, Los Bocados, Proper Ice Cream, Rocco’s Tacos, Rose’s Daughter and Lionfish Delray Beach.
- Game Set Pour also offers a VIP Experience for an extra 45 minutes (5:30-6:15pm) of exclusive sampling of all beer, wine and food, and a VIP Welcome Pour in a commemorative tasting glass ($80 per ticket, $95 at the door). All tickets to Game Set Pour will include a general admission seat ticket to the evening’s quarterfinal matches. You can upgrade your seat by contacting the box office for pricing options at 561-330-6000.
Tickets for all the matches and all the shenanigans are on sale now at YellowTennisBall.com or by calling 561-330-6000. Tickets are priced from $30-$250 for individual seats. Discounted series packages are also available. For more information, including ticketing as well as match and event schedules, please visit www.yellowtennisball.com.