We are excited to launch the Delray Beach Open Jr. Championships Series, multiple USTA Sanctioned events held various weekends in 2021; the goal is for participants to play multiple matches/sets in one day, thus freeing up their weekend for other activities. Click here to register and learn more information about the L7 events, which will include 1-day events (1-set format, Compass or Round Robin draw), guaranteed multiple matches per day, Safety Guideline details (only one guest per player, mask at all times) and a Match Tennis App Check-in System.
Once the deadline passes, we will designate which divisions play Saturday, and which divisions play Sunday.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the tournament office at 561-330-6003.
Below is information about the L7 events, all 1-day events to include guaranteed multiple matches per day (1-set format), Safety Guidelines and a Match Tennis App Check-in System, so families can free up their time for other activities.
Divisions will be scheduled based on If you have any questions, feel free to call the tournament office at 561-330-6003.
- Delray Beach Open Jr. Championships I: Feb. 13 – 14 (L7). Click to register.
- Delray Beach Open Jr. Championships II: Feb. 20 – 21 (L7). Click to register.
- Delray Beach Open Jr. Championships III: May 22 – 23 (L7). Click to register.
- Delray Beach Open Jr. Championships IV: June 5 – 6 (L7). Click to register.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFO BELOW
DELRAY BEACH OPEN JR CHAMPS I: Sat., Feb. 13 – Sun., Feb. 14
- Site: Delray Swim & Tennis Club (DS) (561-243-7058) 2350 Jaeger Drive, Delray Beach, 33444. Directions: I-95 to Linton Blvd, head east 3/4 mile, turn right on SW 10th Ave, go to stop sign & take a left (Lindell), go 2 full blocks to roundabout and go left on Dotterel, go 1 block to Jaeger Drive, make left. Clubhouse on the left. Tournament Office. If you have any questions, call the Site Director at 561-330-6003.
- *Back-up or if have weather issues) Delray Beach Tennis Center (DB) (561-243-7360) 201 W. Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach, 33444. Directions: From I-95 Exit Atlantic Ave., head east, Tennis Center will be 1 mile on left.
DELRAY BEACH OPEN JR CHAMPS II: Sat., Feb. 20 – Sun., Feb. 21
- Site. Boca Lago Country Club (BL). 9045 Vista del Lago, Boca Raton, Florida 33428 (561-706-1601). Tournament Office: If you have any questions call 561-350-1867. Website. If you have any questions, call the Site Director at 561-330-6003.
DELRAY BEACH OPEN JR CHAMPS III: Sat., May 22 – Sun., May 23
- Site/Event Info announced soon.
DELRAY BEACH OPEN JR CHAMPS IV: Sat., June 5 – Sun., June 6
- Site/Event Info announced soon.
EVENT DETAILS FOR ALL EVENTS
- ALL PLAYERS MUST REGISTER ON MATCH TENNIS APP, SIGN THE WAIVER OR THEY MAY NOT PLAY!
- Check-in is at the Tournament Desk, not on Match Tennis App. Please check in 10 minutes early and remember to physical distance at all times!
- Safety Guidelines. IMPORTANT. Read below.
- Date: Goal is for each division to only play 1 day, thus allowing families to schedule their weekend around one day of tennis.
- Divisions: Boys & Girls 12s, 14s, 16s & 18s – Singles Only
- Draw Size: 16 players per division. Compass Draw with guaranteed multiple matches
- Format: Each match consists of 1-set, with no-ad scoring.
- Draws/Match Times. Draws posted online on Thursday prior to the event.
- Rest Period: Minimum of 1 hour rest.
- Refunds: No refunds once players are selected. Click for USTA policy.
- Match warm-up: 5-minutes
- Weather. In the event of rain or lightning delays, players should return to their car. Update will be provided on the MatchTennis APP or in the Tennislink tournament home page notes.
- Local Restaurant Guide. Click here.
SAFETY GUIDELINES: IMPORTANT
Match Tennis App Participant Video Tutorials
The safety and well-being of players, families and staff is our top priority, thus we have instituted a number of Safety Protocols that everyone must follow (details below). There will be no exceptions to the below rules – thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
In an effort to help prevent the relapse of COVID-19 and to more effectively facilitate CDC guidelines and best practices, we will be using Match Tennis App’s Virtual Tournament Desk, which will be facilitated through the mobile devices of players, parents and coaches… click here for details. We are using the Virtual Tournament Desk for the first time and ask for everyone’s understanding and patience – please be smart and safe while on-site, follow the below Safety Guidelines and we look forward to hosting everyone!
IMPORTANT All players must read!: Click here for the Virtual Tournament Desk. IMPORTANT – All players must read!
All players register on Match Tennis App (free) and fill out the medical forms, or they cannot compete in the event!
- The event has the right to take the temperature of all Players and Guests. If anyone denies us the availability to take their temperature and/or if anyone’s temperature is 100.4 or more, you must leave the facility – no exceptions. This is for your safety and the safety of the other families. Thank you for your understanding.
- DO NOT PLAY:
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus. According to the CDC, people with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported—ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- If you have been in contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Everyone must follow a minimum of 6’ social distancing (except family members)
- Everyone must follow a minimum of 6’ social distancing (except family members)
- Everyone should wash their hands throughout the day.
- Draws will not be posted on-site (we do not want a gathering of players/parents), please view Draws and Results in Tennislink on your phones/computers
- May be accompanied by only ONE GUEST on-site – no other guests allowed on-site.
- Should take change-over breaks on opposite sides of the court. If this is not possible, chairs should be set at a minimum of 6 feet apart.
- Use headbands, hats and/or wristbands to avoid touching their faces while playing.
- Restrooms will be available. Please do not congregate in the restroom, the locker room areas are closed.
- Come prepared with your own:
- Hand sanitizer
- Beverages/water, snacks, towels, water, and ice (ice will not be provided on site) and store inside a tennis bag when not in use. Water fountains will be turned off.
- Participant Chair (if you would like to use your own chair on-court) – chairs will be provided if you don’t want to bring a chair. Spectators should bring chairs
- Tournament Desk staff will wear a mask at all times.
- Umpires will wear a mask at all times when off the court. When on-court, masks will be worn if within 10′ of any players.
- Event information, weather updates and first matches of the Day court numbers will be posted under the Notes Section on Tennislink. Please check the Notes section daily for updated event info.
- For all players that play the 1st matches of the day, they should check in via their phone, and then at the Tournament Desk (we will use social distancing markers) 10 minutes before their start time; this way, the warm-up begins exactly at their start time.
- While On-Site: Everyone must follow the 6 feet (minimum) guidelines (except for family members) while on-court or off-court.
- All players and guests must wear mask upon entering the event site – No exceptions. If anyone is not wearing a mask, the event will ask you to leave the facility.
- Face Coverings Must be Worn by everyone who is off court. Any player leaving the court must wear a face covering while off court. Guests not wearing face masks will be asked to leave the facility.
- Guests: Only one person per chair/bench.
- Participants’ guests. Please bring a chair to watch the matches, we will not have bleachers/seating for guests (for everyone’s safety).
- Practice Courts will ONLY be available for the players playing the first match of the day. You may arrive 30 minutes prior to the match time. Two players per court, 15 minutes maximum. Parents, coaches or spectators are NOT allowed on the courts at any time. This is a health and safety issue. Players should not practice on any other court at the tournament sites. Daily Matches will begin at 7:50am.
- Players with the first matches on will be given a 5-minute warm-up.
- Do not enter facility until 15 minutes prior to your scheduled match time, unless practicing for the 1st match of the day, then it is not before 30 minutes before your match time. We will text players when their match is called. Please confirm receipt, and go directly to the Tournament Desk for details – practice a min. of 6′ social distancing at all times.
VIRTUAL TOURNAMENT DESK: This will be the new tool for tournaments, so please embrace it and use this opportunity to learn how to use the MatchTennisAPP. It will be used at this tournament.
- Check in 20 minutes before your match using the MatchTennisApp. You should be ready to play.
- Matches Will Be Called using the MatchTennisAPP 15 minutes before your start time. The player and their guest will both receive a text with instructions. Please go directly to the Site Director Desk. They will explain the rules and give you the tennis ball – DO NOT GO DIRECTLY TO THE COURT.
- Know Who Your Opponent Is: when picking up your balls at the tournament desk.
- Before leaving the court, report your score in the MatchTennis App and/or report the score at the Tournament Desk ‘Score Report’ Area. Remember to Social Distance.
- All players must check in via their phones (Match Tennis App) at least 15 minutes early. We will send your matches to the courts 10 minutes early. This is to reduce your time on-site, plus for the daily matches to stay on schedule. This way, the event will run on-time and reduce the number of persons on-site.
- In order to save time, be safe, make sure players know who they play, which court to go to, and when they play their next match, we plan on using a Hybrid of Virtual Tournament Desk while continuing to physical distance
- We’ll use the Virtual Tournament Desk for calling/texting players to come to the Tournament Desk and have cones/markers (separated by a min. of 6’ for players to stand away from each other) that are a min. of 6’ away from the Tournament Desk.
- If any players want to ‘walk-up’ to the tournament desk, they must stand in front of the marked areas.
- Player Chairs: Must be placed at least 6 feet apart and they may not be facing one another or another player.
- Score Tenders: One player will be assigned to change the score on the score tenders.
- Raise your Racket to get the attention of a tennis umpire.
- No Coaching is allowed.
- Changeovers / Set Breaks: Players should take change over breaks on opposite sides of the court or be spaced 6 feet away from the net (creating 12 feet between players). 4 players should not have their bags/chairs between 2 courts.
- When returning to your chair, do so in a manner where you maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet.
- Keep your players chairs facing forward towards the tennis court. This way, the players on the adjacent court are facing the away from you.
- Maintain safe social distance between players during the racket spin at the start of a match. The umpires will try to flip a coin when we can. When we do this, we will ask the players to stand on the service line.
- Players should clearly verbalize the score at the start of each point.
- The Server should clearly call out the score loudly before every point.
COMPLETION OF THE MATCH
- Offer an acknowledgement such as a nod, thumbs up or ‘good match.’ Please do not shake hands or make contact with your opponent at the completion of the match.
- Leave the court promptly, clean up your trash and take your belongings with you.
- Before leaving the court, report your score in the MatchTennis APP and/or report the score at the Tournament Desk ‘Score Report’ Area. Remember to Social Distance.
- Pick up your used tennis balls and drop them in the used balls box at the Tournament Desk.
- Upon completion of the match, and after reporting the score (winner reports the score), leave facility within 20 minutes of the completion of your match to help reduce gatherings.
- In the event of inclement weather (ie rain, lightning), we ask all players to go to their vehicles, enter their up-to-date scores in Match Tennis APP and we will provide updates via the Notes section on Tennislink.
- Hold onto your tennis balls, no need to turn them into the Tournament Desk
SPORTSMANSHIP & ETIQUETTE:
- Good Sportsmanship is expected from a players and guests.
- Players should NEVER spit on the court.
- Inappropriate and unsportsmanlike language, bullying and taunting will not be tolerated and will be coded. Spectators who display inappropriate behavior may be removed from the tournament area for the remainder of the tournament. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Players are NOT allowed on the other side of the net, even if invited by their opponent. If you need a ball mark inspection, then ask a tennis umpire for help.
- The USTA Point Penalty System, Lateness Rule and Junior Tournament Regulations are in effect.
- The event has the right to check temperatures of players and/or their guests. If anyone meets or exceeds the temperature per CDC Guidelines (100.4), they must leave the facility immediately and may not return for the duration of the event.
- Tournament Staff will adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
- If a guest presents any symptoms of COVID-19 while on site, the guest will be asked to immediately leave the premises and seek medical advice. Emergency medical issues will continue to be handled by contacting 911.
- Tennis court gates latches, score tenders and on-court chairs will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day
- Be prepared to play up to 3 matches per day if there are weather issues.
With your help we can make this a great event! Let us know if you have any questions!
City of Delray Beach (Host City) is a beach lover’s destination with one of America’s most beautiful seashores and we hope you’ll have some time to take a stroll along the warm surf. We invite you to take a leisurely walk along Atlantic Avenue, enjoy the galleries, boutiques and gourmet restaurants. Click for things to do in Delray Beach.
Vitacost.com. is an online retailer of health and wellness products, providing an award-winning experience to customers through its website, www.vitacost.com. Vitacost.com features affordable pricing and speedy delivery on nearly 40,000 items, including dietary supplements (vitamins, minerals and herbs), hard-to-find specialty foods, organic body and personal care products, pet essentials and sports nutrition products. In addition, Vitacost.com strives to motivate, educate and inspire healthier living for customers by creating and curating thousands of helpful tips, expert articles and recipes. Vitacost.com is a subsidiary of The Kroger Co.
Dwight Global Online School — the top online school for student-athletes grades 7-12 — is proud to partner with YellowTennisBall.com Series, host to many of the most prestigious USTA events in the country, to offer qualified student-athletes a flexible, personalized schedule while receiving a world-class private school education. Dwight Global students can train, travel, and compete without missing school. With expert faculty members dedicated to personalizing the Dwight Global experience for every student, athletes are prepared to head straight to the pros or take leadership roles in top college athletic programs. If you have any questions, please call +1-212-724-2420 or email email@example.com and mention YTB Series for priority admissions assistance.
We are appreciative of all of the Event Sponsors and Site Partners, and thank them for their support in hosting this prestigious event