24 Apr It’s “Winner Takes All” at Longines Cup in Delray Beach
LONGINES CUP hosted by the City of Delray Beach presented
Groupings set for winner-takes-all chance to represent the U.S in Paris
April 23, 2014 Contact: John Butler, (561) 350-6795, JButler@YellowTennisBall.com
Delray Beach, FL—The tournament committee has completed the groups and match-ups for the Longines Cup hosted by the City of Delray Beach presented and we’re ‘ready to rumble’! The tournament, one of 16 Longines Future Tennis Aces on the Road to the French Open qualifying events in the world, will send one victorious American player to Paris, all expenses paid, to compete against an international field of peers for the title of Longines Future Tennis Aces and financing for her tennis equipment until her 16th birthday, courtesy of Longines. Played Saturday, April 26th and Sunday, April 27th, 2014 at the Delray Beach Stadium & Tennis Center, the details for the U.S. leg of the event are as follows:
FRENCH OPEN GROUP (national ranking in parentheses)
- Gabriella Price, Montebello, NY (#2)
- Lauren Anzalotta, Trujillo Alto, PR (#12)
- Chidimma Okpara, Mc Lean, VA (#30)
- Jamilah Snells, Ft. Lauderdale, FL (#48)
U.S. OPEN GROUP (national ranking in parentheses)
- Sophia Edwards, Sarasota, FL (#4)
- Victoria Hu, Northborough, MA (#7)’
- Charlotte Owensby, Boca Raton, FL (#31)
- Emily Callahan, Chicago, IL (#77) replaced Lauren Stein, Paradise Valley, AZ (#32)
SATURDAY, APRIL 26, 2014
ROUND #1, 8:30am
- Court #1: Lauren Anzalotta vs Chidimma Okpara (French Open Group)
- Court #2: Gabriela Price vs Jamilah Snells (French Open Group)
- Court #5: Emily Callahan vs Sophia Edwards (U.S. Open Group)
- Court #6: Victoria Hu vs Charlotte Owensby (U.S. Open Group)
ROUND #2, Noon
- Court #1: Lauren Anzalotta vs Jamilah Snells (French Open Group)
- Court #2: Chidimma Okpara vs Gabriela Price (French Open Group)
- Court #5: Emily Callahan vs Charlotte Owensby (U.S. Open Group)
- Court #6: Sophia Edwards vs Victoria Hu (U.S. Open Group)
ROUND #3, 3:30pm
- Court #1: Lauren Anzalotta vs Gabriela Price (French Open Group)
- Court #2: Chidimma Okpara vs Jamilah Snells (French Open Group)
- Court #5: Emily Callahan vs Victoria Hu (U.S. Open Group)
- Court #6: Sophia Edwards vs Charlotte Owensby (U.S. Open Group)
SUNDAY, APRIL 27, 2014, FINAL, 10:00am
- Court #1: Winner (French Open Group) vs Winner (U.S. Open Group)
- Round-robin: 2 out of 3 tiebreak sets with a 10-point tiebreaker for the 3rd set. Ad-scoring used.
- Winner of each group determined by Won-Loss record, then head-to head record if tied.
- Winner of each group moves onto the Championship match
- Championship: 2 out of 3 tiebreak sets. Ad-scoring used.
- Rest period: (Up to) two hours between matches. If there are any weather issues, the event may shorten the format of the matches.
A magazine-style TV program recapping the event and providing player and sponsor features will premiere on CSS Saturday May 10th at 12:30pm ET.
All matches will be played at the downtown tennis center on Atlantic Avenue (exit 52 on I-95) and are FREE to the public beginning at 8:30am, Saturday April 26th. The final will be Sunday April 27th, 10:00am.
Complete tournament information, including groupings, schedule and results can be found at the following:
Members of the media interested in covering the event or interviewing players should contact John Butler at 561-350-6795.
About Longines:Longines has been based at Saint-Imier in Switzerland since 1832. Its watchmaking expertise reflects a strong devotion to tradition, elegance and performance. Longines has generations of experience as official timekeeper of world championships and as partner of international sports federation. Known for the elegance of its timepieces, Longines is a member of the Swatch Group Ltd, the World’s leading manufacturer of horological products. With the winged hourglass as its emblem, the brand has outlets in over 130 countries.
About The City of Delray Beach: In the southeast corner of Palm Beach County on the Atlantic seashore, a village by the sea that began as an agricultural community in 1895 has become one of Florida’s most popular destinations for visitors, new families and seasonal residents. The City of Delray Beach encompasses slightly over 16 square miles with a permanent population of nearly 65,000 and growing. Over the past decade, renewal and re-development efforts have resulted in recognition as the All-America City in 1993 and 2001, the Blue Wave designation for clean and beautiful beaches and hailed by city planners around the nation as a model for growth management. In 2012 Delray Beach was chosen by Rand McNally as the Best Small City in America.
About The Venetian® Las Vegas: The Venetian® Las Vegas, the largest property in the country to receive AAA’s Five Diamond and the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Four Star awards, is one of the world’s most luxurious resort and convention destinations. Recreating Venice’s legendary landmarks, the LEED® EB Gold-certified resort offers unmatched service and quality for leisure and corporate guests. With suites ranging from a standard 650-square-foot Luxury Suite to the luxurious 10,000-square-foot Chairman Suite, the all-suite resort boasts more than 4,000 of Las Vegas’ most lavish suite accommodations. Located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, The Venetian features Grand Canal Shoppes®, an indoor streetscape complete with gondolas and singing gondoliers, the Canyon Ranch SpaClub®, world-class gaming, exquisite restaurants, a wide variety of entertainment such as “Soul2Soul with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill,” the party musical “ROCK OF AGES,” showroom headliners including Human Nature, Rita Rudner and Tim Allen and extensive convention and corporate services. Guests can earn points while they eat, sleep, shop and play with Grazie, the premiere loyalty program. The Venetian and its sister resort, The Palazzo Las Vegas, are the first ever Alliance Resorts in the InterContinental Hotel Group® global portfolio. For additional information, visit venetian.com, follow on Twitter @venetianvegas and interact on Facebook at facebook.com/venetianlasvegas.